After Palmavera Nuraghe was abandoned the territory came under the control of the St. Imbenia Nuraghe. Both the nuraghe and village belong to a quite advanced phase of the nuraghe civilisation. But the history of these places possesses something different and mysterious.
What is hidden behind the numerous Greek and Phoenician relics found inside the nuraghe?
What trade relations did the village have?
The discovery of a Phoenician jar full of copper ingots is perhaps a partial answer. There was probably an authentic nuraghe emporium in this area, frequented by Phoenicians interested in metals.
Trade was quite busy and regular and probably dated back to the Iron Age, between the end of the 9th Century B.C. and the beginning of the 8th: a particularly advanced epoch for the nuraghe civilisation and the life itself of St. Imbenia village, the oldest evidence of which can be traced back to the Middle Bronze Age (1600-1300 B.C.).
What is certain is that the St. Imbenia nuraghe inhabitants were not only good traders but that trade was probably favoured by the presence in the village of a small Phoenician community which contributed to strengthening trade relations.